Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kaleb's first day of Kindergarten!

I am really behind in blogging but I just couldn't wait to blog about his first day and share the pictures of him so I'm going to do something that would normally really bug me and blog out of order!(yay for overcoming OCD) So this whole adventure began last Monday the 22nd with back to school night. We met Kaleb's teacher for the first time and got to look around his school and his classroom. My impression of Kaleb's teacher is that she is very good at teaching and very kind and patient with the children. We were told that he will be on afternoon kindergarten. Kaleb also received a kindergarten survival kit from his teacher it was so cute it included a poem and little treats that said:

 Starburst: You will be a shining star in school if you smile and always do your best. 
Penny: To remind you that you are a valuable member of our class.
Sticker: We will always stick together and help one another. 
Smarties: You are going to learn SO much in Kindergarten this year!
Eraser:  Remember, it's okay to make mistakes. This is how we learn.
Hershey Hug: We all need hugs now and then. If you need one, let me know.
Lifesaver: I am here to help you. Don't be afraid to come to me if you need something. 

Ever since we went to back to school night Kaleb has been so excited for school to start every day he has asked when he would go. Tuesday morning he woke up and was so excited he wanted to put his new clothes on right a way but I had him put play clothes on so he would keep his school clothes nice and clean, We had breakfast played outside, had lunch and then it was time to get ready for school. We took lots of pictures and Kaleb just couldn't wait any longer so we left for school. We got their ten minutes early so we waited and waited and then they came out and unlocked the playground door. I walked Kaleb over to the gate gave him a hug and he half hugged me as he ran off towards the playground. It was so weird to just drop him off there and leave him. Raelyn and I seemed lost without Kaleb she was very hyper and acting all crazy and I kept looking at the clock to make sure what time it was, I was so worried I would loose track of time and be late picking him up. Finally 3:20 came and we headed back to the school to pick him up. It was kind of stressful with how many kids and parents were all there but we were easily able to spot Kaleb and safely get him in our car. He talked a little about his first day but now a whole lot, I do know for sure that he loved it and is already making friends! 

So excited!





 And to show how much they have grown this is from last year when Kaleb started preschool....


No comments:

Post a Comment