Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 22, 2011

My First Sewing Project!

I got my sewing machine back in June for my birthday and this past Saturday was the first time I used it, sad I know. We have been so busy with the move and getting settled, work, etc, that I haven't had time to get together with my mother in law and learn how to sew.  April and I went on wednesday night to pick out the fabric, We both ended up picking up the same one saying "look how cute" I knew for sure it was the right one.  I have been wanting to make Raelyn an apron for a very long time, she loves to help me cook and bake. On saturday I got my machine out of the box for the first time and learned all about it and started sewing. I am not very good at it and am very slow but I hope with a lot of practice I get better and faster at it. I really enjoy it and hope that it's something I can end up being good at. I am so thankful for all the patience April had with me she helped me so much and taught me a lot! Raelyn got her apron on sunday and loved it she said she couldn't wait to put it on and start cooking, she also added that she can only help me if I keep it clean for her, I'll have to make sure I keep up on the laundry for her! Today the kids and I made no bake cookies and of course she wore it and has had it on all day long while she played.





No comments:

Post a Comment