Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 28, 2011

First Family Vacation!

I have been waiting for this to happen for so long I was so excited when we got our tax return and were able to book a hotel and go on a family vacation. This is the first vacation the kids have gone on. I've taken them camping and stuff like that before but they have never been more than an hour or two away from home or stayed at a hotel. I really wanted to do Disneyland or a cruise but looking at the prices I figured it would be better to do when they are older and will remember it. Plus with stuff like that we will get a military discount when Blade is back in the Air Force. 
We decided that St. George would be a good place to go. I didn't want to wait until summer to go because I don't know where we will be living then. I looked at the calender and realized that March 25th (the day Blade and I got engaged)was a Friday so it hit me lets go then. Blade of course loved the idea. I think it was so special that a year after we started to officially become a family we went on our first family vacation.
The kids were so excited it was all they talked about and couldn't wait for the day to come. They did so good on the drive I prepared myself to hear "Are we there yet?" "Why is it taking so long?" (they do this when going to the bank or grocery store) I explained to them that it would be a long drive so I guess they understood that. They had no idea what to expect with the hotel. Kaleb thought it would be like a house. He was so shocked to see the beds and everything in one room. When we arrived at the hotel the first thing they did was jump on the beds and jump back and forth. The weather wasn't the best. It was cold and raining. We were all tired from being in the car and hungary so we took the kids to eat at Mcdonalds so they could get some energy out at the play place. After that we went back to the hotel and all sat in the hot tub. I didn't let the kids stay in very long just long enough they could feel how warm it was and really loved it.
That night they went to sleep so good. I had to tell them a few times to lay down and be quite but for their fist times sleeping in a hotel they did awesome!
The next day was still cold and raining so we did indoor stuff. We checked out the mall, I got blonde highlights in my hair, and we went to an indoor swimming pool. Sunday is when we had to leave and when the weather was the best. We had told the kids about the read rocks and we all wanted to go hike and climb on the rocks so we checked out of our hotel and went there for an hour. Kaleb usually acts afraid of heights but he was so brave and daring he loved every minute of it. Raelyn didn't mind the heights but didn't like the climb or hike part she got scared pretty easily. 
All in all it was a great weekend it was so nice to spend the whole weekend just the four of us, just doing whatever we wanted to do! It was a great bonding experience for our family and we will for sure be doing it again and again!
His pants are a little big and started to fall off!

Add caption

Kaleb is such a bed hog we had to keep moving him from rolling on top of Raelyn 

Blonde highlights and Starbucks 



Such a good daddy!








He looks like he is up higher than he really is

One of my favorite photos! 




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I love your highlights! So freakin cute!

    ReplyDelete